The bustling city of Houston is a large metropolis in the state of Texas with a population of over 7 million. Houston is home to some of the major oil, aerospace, and engineering companies in the U.S. making it a city of choice for many American jobseekers.
However, living in a densely populated city like Houston comes with its own challenges. The city has an infamous reputation for its high tendency of natural disasters like flooding, hurricanes, tornadoes, and extreme weather.
Therefore, all the residents of Houston, Texas should keep insurance a top priority to protect their prized possessions and their businesses. If you are looking for the right coverage in Houston, you can get started by reaching out to our insurance agents near you.
Find insurance agents near your cities in Texas
- Best Jasper Insurance Agents in 2023
- Business Insurance Agents in Texas
- Car Insurance Agents in Texas
- Homeowners Insurance Agents in Texas
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Abbott, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Abernathy, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Abilene, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Ackerly, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Adrian, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Agua Dulce, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Alamo Heights, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Alamo, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Albany, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Aledo, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Alice, TX
Why Choose Agency Height?
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Popular Coverages in Houston
Houston has been at the receiving end of seven federally declared disasters since 2015 so naturally, coverage against natural disasters is the most popular and recommended coverage in the city.
Here are other popular coverage options in Houston:
- Personal Property Coverage
- Personal Liability
- Dwelling Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Additional Living Expenses (ALE)/Loss of Rent
- Flood Insurance
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Coverage
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Collision/Comprehensive Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP)
- General Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Risk Engineering Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
Average Insurance Rates in Houston
Insurance rates tend to vary drastically depending on several factors for each buyer. You can get an overview of average insurance rates in Houston by referring to the table below.
Type of InsuranceAverage Annual Premium Rates
- Car Insurance $1501
- Home Insurance $3341
- Business Insurance $300 -$5,000 (per coverage)
- Life Insurance $633
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average cost of car insurance in Houston?
The average cost of car insurance in Houston is $2365 annually for full coverage. However, you can reduce your premium by comparing quotes from multiple carriers and applying for car insurance discounts.
What kinds of coverage do business owners in Houston need?
Business owners in Houston should consider including professional liability coverage, general liability insurance, commercial property coverage, commercial auto coverage, and workers’ compensation coverage in their commercial insurance policy. Carriers in Houston also offer additional options like business interruption insurance and employment practices liability insurance.
What is the average cost of home insurance in Houston?
On average, Texans pay $3143 annually for home insurance which is higher than the national average. Texas is an expensive state to buy home insurance due to a combination of natural and financial factors.
Why is business insurance important for companies in Houston?
Business insurance is essential for companies in Houston because it helps protect businesses from potential financial losses that could occur as a result of damage or injuries sustained in the course of business operations. Insurance can help to cover the costs of repairs, replacements, and medical bills that may be incurred in the event of an accident or incident.
What is the average cost of life insurance in Houston?
The average cost of life insurance in Houston is $633 annually. However, life insurance costs can vary depending on the age, gender, health condition, and medical history of the buyer.