With an estimated population of 9,61,855, Austin is an incredible place to live, work, play and invest. Austin is a bustling city with many things to do, but it’s also important to consider insurance options. There are several different policies available, which can make choosing the ideal one difficult.
Thankfully, there are insurance agents in Austin, who can help you understand your insurance needs and help you find the right policy.
Find insurance agents near your cities in Texas
- Best Jasper Insurance Agents in 2023
- Business Insurance Agents in Texas
- Car Insurance Agents in Texas
- Homeowners Insurance Agents in Texas
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Abbott, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Abernathy, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Abilene, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Ackerly, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Adrian, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Agua Dulce, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Alamo Heights, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Alamo, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Albany, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Aledo, TX
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near Me in Alice, TX
Why Choose Agency Height?
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Popular Coverages in Austin
Residents of Austin must have insurance for their life, vehicle, and home. Finding the best insurance provider for you in Austin requires some research since there are so many to select from. Here are some of the insurance coverages that you may need to discuss with your agents:
- Personal Property Coverage
- Personal Liability
- Dwelling Coverage
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Additional Living Expenses (ALE)/Loss of Rent
- Flood Insurance
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Coverage
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Collision/Comprehensive Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Towing and Labour Coverage
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP)
- General Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Risk Engineering Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
Average Insurance Rates in Austin
Homeowners in Austin, having $200K dwelling coverage, pay an average cost of $1,156. The city is not typically bait for major hurricanes or other weather-related events so you can breathe easy knowing that your coverage is enough.
Type of InsuranceAverage Annual Premium Rates
- Car Insurance $1796
- Home Insurance $2596 (additional coverage up to $400K)
- Business Insurance $300 -$5,000 (per coverage)
- Life Insurance $633
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the main types of insurance that you need in Austin?
You’re mainly required to have auto, home, life, business, renters’ insurance. Other insurance requirements depend upon individual needs.
What type of vehicle insurance coverage is required in Austin, Tx?
The law requires minimum coverage of $20,000 per injured person, up to a total of $40,000 for everyone hurt in an accident, and $15,000 for property damage. This basic coverage is called 20/40/15 coverage.
Does a student in Austin require auto insurance?
If you are a student with a learner’s permit, you aren’t legally required to have car insurance, but your insurance company must be fully aware of the fact that your car is used by a teen learning to drive.
Why is home insurance in Austin expensive?
Home insurance in Austin is expensive for a variety of reasons. The most common reason is that the city is located in a high-risk area prone to hurricanes and tornadoes. As a result, insurance companies charge higher premiums to cover the increased risk of damage to homes in Austin.
What type of business insurance do business owners in Austin require?
Business owners most commonly require general liability insurance. This insurance protects businesses from claims arising from injuries or property damage caused by the business’ operations. Plus, businesses in Austin are also required to carry workers’ compensation insurance, which covers employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their job.
How much home insurance do I need in Austin?
You should have enough dwelling insurance to cover the cost of rebuilding your home, and enough personal property coverage to replace all of your personal items. Consider your financial assets, like your income and savings, to determine your liability coverage needs.
How much does home insurance in Austin cost?
The average cost of home insurance in Austin is $1,320 per year for $250K in dwelling coverage. For comparison, the average Texas homeowner pays $1,860 per year for the same amount of coverage. However, you may pay more or less than the citywide average rate based on factors like your home’s characteristics, your credit-based insurance score and claims history.
How can I save money on car insurance in Austin?
Maintain a clean driving record, keep tabs on your credit score, and shop around for the best deal on your insurance. Even if you’re satisfied with current coverage, you should look around for a new insurance every year to make sure you’re getting the best prices.