Pennsylvania is home to 1.1 million small businesses. Businesses are susceptible to risks like the repercussions of natural disasters and human errors, which could have a crippling effect. Needless to say, being prepared for any event is imperative in a competitive market.
For instance, if your business ends up in a courtroom over a lawsuit, it could mean curtains for your enterprise in the worst-case scenario. Hence, getting the right business insurance is the best safety net that you can get to protect your business and stay covered during the worst times.
So, get started by finding top business insurance agents in Pennsylvania and take your business to new heights.
Why Choose Agency Height?
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Find insurance agents near your cities in Pennsylvania
- Find Car Insurance Agents in Pennsylvania 2023
- Find Top Life Insurance Agents in Pennsylvania 2023
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Abbottstown, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Adamsburg, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Adamstown, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Addison, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Akron, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Alba, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Albion, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Alburtis, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Aldan, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Alexandria, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Aliquippa, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Allenport, PA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Altoona, PA
Popular Coverages in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania business owners have a diverse range of coverage options to choose from in the Keystone state. Moreover, the state has made certain policies like workers’ compensation and commercial auto insurance mandatory.
Here are some of the popular coverage options for business insurance in Pennsylvania:
- Personal Liability Protection
- Dwelling Coverage
- Personal Property
- Additional Living Expenses (ALE)
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Flood Insurance
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Collision/Comprehensive Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP)
- General Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
Average Rates for Business Insurance in Pennsylvania 2023
The cost of business insurance depends on a number of factors, including the size and type of business, the location, number of employees, claims history, type of assets, and the amount of coverage required. So, to get an accurate estimate of the cost for your business, you can get started by connecting with our business insurance agents in Pennsylvania and get a quote.
In general, these are the average rates for different business insurance policies in Pennsylvania:
Type of Coverage Average Price/Month
- General Liability Insurance $88
- Business Auto Insurance $142
- Business Owner Policy $57 (median cost)
- Professional Liability Insurance $97
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance $129
- Commercial Truck Insurance $1175
- Cyber Liability Insurance $122
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of business insurance does Pennsylvania require?
In Pennsylvania, all firms are required to carry workers’ compensation and unemployment insurance. Businesses must also obtain commercial auto insurance if their employees use corporate vehicles.
How much business insurance do I require?
The size and scale of your business will determine how much insurance you require. If your company is small, you might need to carry a minimum level of coverage. However, if you operate a large business you might need to buy a more comprehensive policy. Consult an insurance professional to assess the appropriate level of protection for your business.
Is commercial auto insurance mandatory in Pennsylvania?
Yes, commercial auto insurance is mandatory by law for the vehicles that are used for business operations.
What types of insurance policies should a small business owner in Pennsylvania consider?
Small business owners in Pennsylvania must consider 8 types of policies to protect their enterprise. They are:
- General liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Property insurance
- Business income insurance
- Commercial umbrella insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance, and
- Data breach insurance
If I operate a home-based business in Pennsylvania, do I require business insurance?
Yes, regardless of their size or location, all firms must have some kind of commercial insurance. Businesses running from homes are not an exception.
What would happen in Pennsylvania if I didn't have company insurance?
You could face severe fines and penalties without the appropriate insurance. You can even lose your company license in some circumstances. When it comes to commercial insurance, it is always better safe than sorry.
Which are the top small business insurance companies in Pennsylvania?
The top small business insurance companies in Pennsylvania for 2022 are Hortica Insurance, National General Insurance, Nationwide, Farmers, Amica, State Farm, Erie, and Allstate.