Nearby Ithaca city, the Town of Rochester, which lies in the heart of the renowned mid-Hudson valley, offers peace and quiet along with fresh air, clear streams, and panoramic views far from the noise and activity of New York City.
After New York City, Buffalo, and Yonkers, Rochester is the fourth-largest city in the state of New York, with more than 210,000 residents. If you’re a Rochester resident as well, it’s critical to have the appropriate insurance.
Why Choose Agency Height?
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
- Business Insurance Agents in New York
- Car insurance in New York
- Homeowners Insurance Agents in New York
- Life Insurance Agents in New York
- Top Agents Near You in Albany 2023
- Top Agents Near You in New York City 2023
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Brooklyn
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Ithaca, Ny
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Kingston
Popular Coverages in Rochester, Ny
- Personal property coverage
- Personal Liability and Medical Payment to Others
- Dwelling (Property damage to your home)
- Hurricane damage
- Additional Living Expenses/Loss of Rent
- Flood Insurance
- Personal property replacement cost
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Collision/Comprehensive Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- Business Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Variable Life Insurance
Average Insurance Rates in Rochester, Ny
Rochester typically offers cheaper insurance rates. If you’re one of the many Rochester residents who own a home, a car, or a business or are planning to purchase life insurance soon; you must be aware of the most popular coverages in the state. The following are some of Rochester’s most famous insurance coverages:
Type of InsuranceAvg Annual Premium Rate
- Car Insurance $1,166
- Home Insurance $1,097 ($200,000 in dwelling coverage)
- Business Insurance $479 (general liability policy)
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get homeowners insurance quotes if you live in Rochester, NY?
Agency Height makes finding Rochester home insurance as simple as can be. In order to receive free quotations, we’ll assist you in making comparisons and connecting with top insurance agents.
What is the cost of renters insurance in Rochester?
The average cost of renters insurance is $50 per year in Rochester, NY.
Is having landlord insurance required by law in Rochester?
You are not required by law to purchase landlord insurance in Rochester. However, your lender can insist that you obtain a landlord’s insurance policy if you have a mortgage on the property. This safeguards both their and your investment.
How much does condo insurance cost in Rochester?
Condo insurance costs an average of $404 per year in Rochester.
Why is business insurance required in Rochester?
Business insurance is important in Rochester because property crimes, unintentional fires, and severe weather are the most probable causes of loss or damage for businesses in Rochester. Fortunately for locals and business owners, Rochester experiences fewer severe weather disasters than the majority of the country.