New York City has a lot to offer, from the highly renowned Central Park to the Empire State Building and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It is also home to more than 20,000 insurance sales agents. That’s why you have a wide range of options while looking for the top insurance agents in New York.
With new challenges and increasing risk in 2023, it might be challenging to decide which insurance provider to trust with the variety of options available. Contact our best New York insurance brokers to get the answer to all your questions.
Why Choose Agency Height?
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Find insurance agents near your cities in New York
- Business Insurance Agents in New York
- Car insurance in New York
- Homeowners Insurance Agents in New York
- Life Insurance Agents in New York
- Top Agents Near You in Albany 2023
- Top Agents Near You in Rochester, Ny
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Brooklyn
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Ithaca, Ny
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Kingston
Popular Insurance Coverage in New York City, New York
Despite the high average prices in this state, insurance is crucial in NYC. It’s essential to be aware of the most common coverages in the state, whether you’re one of the many New York residents who own a home, a car, a business, or are going to get life insurance soon. Here are the popular insurance coverages in New York City:
- Personal property coverage
- Personal Liability and Medical Payment to Others
- Dwelling (Property damage to your home)
- Hurricane damage
- Additional Living Expenses/Loss of Rent
- Flood Insurance
- Personal property replacement cost
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Collision/Comprehensive Coverage
- Personal Injury Protection
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP)
- General Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Variable Life Insurance
Average Insurance Cost in NYC,NY
Cost is a crucial aspect to consider when buying any insurance in New York. Multiple factors affect your insurance rate, including the type of coverage, your location, and the insurance provider you choose.
- Car Insurance $1,719
- Home Insurance $1,944 *$250,000 in dwelling coverage
- Business Insurance $500 – $6000 *general liability policy
- Life Insurance $575
Frequently Asked Questions
Is homeowners insurance required in NYC?
No, homeowners insurance is not mandated by law in New York, but your mortgage provider will likely want it in order for you to obtain a loan.
What is the cost of renters insurance in New York City?
The average cost of renters insurance is $191 per year in New York City.
How much does New York City landlord insurance cost?
Landlord insurance costs roughly $1396 annually in New York City.
How can you get condo insurance in NYC?
Condo insurance in New York City is typically available from homeowners insurance providers. When looking for a policy, your insurance company may inquire about various policy elements, such as residence, personal property, personal liability, and loss of use coverage.
How much does commercial insurance cost in NYC?
On average, commercial auto insurance costs $157 a month in NYC.
Is car insurance mandatory in New York City?
Yes. You need to have auto liability insurance with a New York State-issued policy to register a vehicle. The DMV may suspend your vehicle registration and driver’s license if you fail to maintain the coverage.
How much does NYC health insurance cost?
New Yorkers have access to Medicaid if their income is less than 138% of the federal poverty line or can purchase inexpensive health insurance through the state insurance marketplace. For a Silver plan, the average monthly premium in New York is $713.