The capital of Michigan, Lansing, is located in the southeastern part of the state. The city is home to many landmarks, including the Michigan State Capitol, the Michigan State University campus, and the downtown area. Lansing is also a great place for nightlife, with many bars and clubs throughout the city. However, before you visit or move to Lansing, there are some things you should know.
The crime rate in Lansing is relatively high compared to other cities in Michigan. In addition to the high crime rate, the cost of living is just as high in Lansing.
While the city has a lot to offer, it’s essential to be prepared for anything that might happen. One way to do this is by getting insurance. Insurance can help protect you from financial loss in the event of an accident, theft, or other unexpected events. Whether you’re looking for auto, health, or renters’ insurance, there are several options available in Lansing.
Why Choose Agency Height?
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Find insurance agents near your cities in Michigan
- Auto Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Business Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Life Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Local Insurance Agents in Sterling Heights, Mi
- Local Insurance Agents in Traverse City, Mi (2023)
- Top Agents Near You in Detroit
- Top Agents Near You in Grand Rapids, MI
- Top Agents Near You in Orion Township
- Top Homeowners Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Top Insurance Agents in Redford Charter Township, MI
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Novi (2023)
Popular Coverages in Lansing, MI
No matter what your reason for needing insurance, it’s important to make sure you’re properly protected. There are a number of different types of popular insurance coverages available in Lansing, and the best way to find the right policy for you is to work with an experienced agent.
- Personal property coverage
- Personal Liability and Medical Payment to Others
- Dwelling (Property damage to your home)
- Hurricane damage
- Additional Living Expenses/Loss of Rent
- Collision/Comprehensive Coverage
- No-Fault (Personal Injury Protection)
- Bodily Injury Liability
- Property Damage Liability
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Business Owners’ Policy (BOP)
- General Liability Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Employees Practices Liability
- Data Breach Insurance
- Business Income Insurance
- Term Life Insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Interest Variable Life Insurance
2023 Average Insurance Rates in Lansing, MI
While a number of factors might alter the price, the average insurance cost in Lansing is a little less than the state average. Find out Lansing’s average insurance cost for each type of coverage.
Type of InsuranceAverage Annual Premium Rates
- Car Insurance $1,100
- Home Insurance $2,215
- Business Insurance $100 -$1,000
- Life Insurance $610
What is the average cost of car insurance in Lansing?
Lansing drivers pay an average of $2,215 a year for auto insurance.
Is getting car insurance expensive in Lansing?
Car insurance costs an average Lansing motorist $2,215 annually. That’s less expensive than the statewide average and pricier than the national average.
How much does homeowners' insurance cost in Lansing?
The average homeowners insurance cost is $1,100 a year for $250,000 dwelling coverage in Lansing.
Who has the best homeowners insurance in Lansing, MI?
The insurance companies that provide the best homeowners insurance in Lansing are USAA, State Farm, Farmers, Arnouts Insurance Agency, and Allstate.
Is business insurance a requirement in Lansing, MI?
If a private business frequently hires three or more workers at once, or if one or more of their employees work more than 35 hours per week, they are required to have business insurance.
How much does renters insurance cost in Lansing, MI?
Most policyholders in Lansing pay $12 to $30 per month for renters insurance. Your location and the kinds of add-ons you need for your basic insurance will largely determine the premium you pay.