Detroit is a beautiful city in Midwest Michigan for anyone looking to live in a diverse US urban area. You don’t have to push yourself financially to get the urban lifestyle. Detroit is best known for its automotive heritage. Detroit is also known as Motown, based on the record label Motown Records.
If you live in Detroit Michigan, getting insurance for your home, auto, business and also purchasing a life insurance is important. Our insurance agents in Detroit will help you provide insurance that you need.
Why Choose Agency Height?
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Find insurance agents near your cities in Michigan
- Auto Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Business Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Life Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Local Insurance Agents in Lansing 2023
- Local Insurance Agents in Sterling Heights, Mi
- Local Insurance Agents in Traverse City, Mi (2023)
- Top Agents Near You in Grand Rapids, MI
- Top Agents Near You in Orion Township
- Top Homeowners Insurance Agents in Michigan
- Top Insurance Agents in Redford Charter Township, MI
- Top Insurance Agents Near You in Novi (2023)
Popular Insurance Coverages in Detroit
Insurance is the perfect way to secure your future and provide financial security to your home, auto or business. But understanding and choosing the right insurance policy is very important. We have provided you the popular insurance coverages in Detroit that will help you choose insurance policies.
- Personal property coverage
- Personal Liability Coverage
- Dwelling Coverage
- Wind/hail Coverage
- Hurricane Coverage
- Additional Living Expenses
- Auto liability coverage
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Underinsured motorist coverage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Personal Injury protection
- General liability insurance
- Professional liability insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Business Property Insurance
- Business Auto Insurance
- Term life insurance
- Whole life insurance
- Universal Life Insurance
- Variable Life Insurance
Average Insurance Cost in Detroit (2023)
Cost is a crucial determining factor when you are purchasing an insurance policy in Detroit. Here we have provided the average insurance cost of different types of insurance coverages for your understanding about insurance rates in Detroit.
Type of InsuranceAverage Annual Premium Rates
- Homeowners Insurance $2,544
- Auto Insurance $3,253
- Business Insurance $100-$1,000
- Life Insurance $610
What is the average cost of car insurance in Detroit?
Detroit drivers pay an average of $3,243 a year for auto insurance, but you may be able to purchase cheaper insurance if you do some research.
Is getting car insurance expensive in Detroit?
Michigan is a no-fault state, so drivers are required to have Personal Injury Protection insurance to cover financial losses regardless of who is at fault in an accident. This additional requirement of coverage and due to this, insurance premiums re expensive in Detroit.
How much does homeowners insurance cost in Detroit?
The average homeowners’ insurance cost is $2,544 a year for $250,000 dwelling coverage.
Who has the best homeowners insurance in Detroit?
The insurance companies that provide the best homeowners insurance in Detroit are USAA, State Farm, and Allstate.
How much does business insurance cost in Detroit?
The average business insurance cost in Detroit is from $100 to $1,000 a year.
Is business insurance required in Detroit?
The only type of business insurance required in Detroit is workers’ compensation.
Which is best insurance for life in Detroit?
The best insurance company to purchase a life insurance in Michigan is Northwestern Mutual.