Whether you’ve just moved to Georgia or have lived here for many years, it’s crucial to secure the place you call home. This means getting the best homeowners insurance.
But insurance shopping can often be confusing or takes a lot of your effort. That’s why when shopping for home insurance, it’s a good idea to get in touch with a local independent insurance agent to compare the best home insurance policies.
Why Agency Height
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Find insurance agents near your cities in Georgia
- Auto Insurance Agents in Georgia
- Business Insurance Agents in Georgia
- Business Insurance in Atlanta, Ga #2
- Car insurance in Atlanta, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Abbeville, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Acworth, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Adairsville, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Adel, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Adrian, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Ailey, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Albany, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Allenhurst, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Allentown, GA
- Insurance Agents and Brokers Near You in Alma, GA
Popular Homeowners Coverages in the State
- Personal property coverage
- Personal Liability and Medical Payment to Others
- Dwelling coverage
- Additional Living Expenses/Loss of Rent
- Wind/hail damage
- Hurricane damage
- Flood Insurance
- Personal Property Replacement Cost
- Blanket Jewelry
- Blanket Jewelry Escape of Water
- Inflation protection
|Coverage Level||Average Annual Cost|
|$100,000 Dwelling||$100,000 Dwelling|
|City Name||Average Home Insurance Rate|
|City Name||Average Home Insurance Rate|
Frequently Asked Questions
How much homeowner's insurance do I need in Georgia?
Most standard home insurance policies in the state come with personal property coverage, personal liability, dwelling, medical payment to others, wind/hail, and hurricane damage. While standard homeowners insurance suffices, it is also a good idea to get flood insurance.
What does homeowners insurance cover in Georgia?
A typical home insurance policy, also called a HO-3 policy, covers the house for any issue that isn’t explicitly excluded. Standard exclusions include normal wear and tear, carelessness, nuclear hazards, power outages, birds, rats, and insect infestations.
What homeowners insurance is the best in Georgia?
Country Financial is the top-ranked home insurance provider in Georgia overall and the best in terms of customer satisfaction. Farmers and Progressive are your best bets if you’re on a tight budget.
How much is homeowners insurance in Georgia?
The average cost of homeowners insurance in Georgia is $1,373 per year or $114 a month.
Does homeowners insurance cover water damage in Georgia?
Standard home insurance plans often cover some water damage, but not all of it. The peril that resulted in the water damage makes a difference. If rain enters your home as a result of a covered risk, such as a windstorm, the insurance will typically cover water damage from rain.
Is homeowners insurance tax deductible in Georgia?
While premium payments for private homeowners insurance plans are not tax deductible, there are a few circumstances in which house insurance costs may be written off. When filing your taxes, you may be able to deduct the cost of the private mortgage insurance you purchased. If you are self-employed or your home office is a component of your residence, you may be qualified for a home office deduction.
How do I shop for home insurance in Georgia?
Identifying how much insurance you require is the first step in the process. If you’re unsure, speak with an independent insurance agent in Georgia who can help you compare prices from several Georgia home insurance carriers.