Car insurance is a mandatory coverage in Florida. It requires individuals to have the minimum amount of liability and injury protection as per the laws. But getting the best car insurance in Florida will ultimately depend on your individual circumstances.
That’s where a local car insurance agent will assist you in finding the right coverage option for Florida automobile insurance.
Why Agency Height
Local Coverage Expertise
Explore top agents who best understand your location, local laws, and needs.
The Power to Choose
Talk to an agent or five, the choice is yours! Get multiple quotes and pick the one you like best.
No unwanted calls. Book free consultations with only the ones you choose.
Find insurance agents near your cities in Florida
- Boca Raton Insurance Agents
- Business Insurance Agents in Florida
- Cape Coral Insurance Agents
- Hialeah Insurance Agents
- Homeowners Insurance Agents in Florida
- Insurance Agents in North Port, FL
- Jacksonville Insurance Agents
- Life Insurance Agents in Florida
- Miami Insurance Agents
- Ocala Insurance Agents
- Orlando Insurance Agents
- Sarasota, Fl Insurance Agents
- St. Petersburg Insurance Agents
- Tallahassee Insurance Agents
Popular Auto Coverages in Florida
Personal Injury Protection
- Personal injury protection (PIP) insurance pays for injury-related medical and rehabilitation costs, lost income, and funeral and burial costs. Bodily injury liability coverage pays for any physical injuries sustained in an accident caused by you.
Property Damage Liability
- In most states, property damage liability coverage is required by law. If you are at fault for a car accident that damages another vehicle or property, such as a fence or building front, it usually helps cover the cost of repairs. Damage to your own vehicle is typically not covered by property damage liability coverage.
Bodily Injury Liability
- If you cause a car accident, bodily injury liability coverage pays for the medical bills of those who are injured (not including yourself). This coverage also helps to cover the cost of legal defense if you are sued for damages.
- Collision coverage helps repair or replace your car if it is damaged or destroyed in an accident with another vehicle, regardless of fault. This is distinct from liability coverage, which pays for damage to another person's car caused by an accident you cause.
|List of Car Insurance Companies in Florida||PIP + PD1||All Coverages|
|Esurance Property & Casualty Insurance Company||$193||$1,332|
|United Services Automobile Association||$300||$1,554|
|USAA Casualty Insurance Company||$351||$1,799|
|USAA General Indemnity Company||$429||$1,938|
|Safeco Insurance Company of Illinois||$448||$2,023|
|State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company||$582||$2,389|
|Permanent General Assurance Corporation||$603||$2,528|
|Security National Insurance Company||$625||$2,283|
|The Standard Fire Insurance Company||$626||$2,521|
|Geico Indemnity Company||$781||$3,520|
|Allstate Insurance Company||$844||$2,786|
|LM General Insurance Company||$878||$5,581|
|Allstate Fire and Casualty Insurance Company||$995||$3,536|
|Equity Insurance Company||$1,145||$3,034|
|Allstate Property & Casualty Insurance Company||$1,185||$3,556|
Expensive Cities for Car Insurance in Florida
The cost of Florida car insurance depends on a number of variables, such as the type of car, its age, mileage and the city you live in. Here is a list of Florida’s five most affordable cities for car insurance.
City NameAverage annual premium for full coverage
- Hialeah $3,777
- Miami $3,713
- Boynton Beach $3,672
- Lake Worth $3,593
- West Palm Beach $3,563
Cities for the Cheapest Car Insurance in Florida
City NameAverage annual premium for full coverage
- Gainesville $1,782
- Callaway $1,804
- Naples $1,882
- Ocala $1,916
How can I find car insurance agents near me in FL?
The best way to find auto insurance agents near you in FL is to find one through Agency Height. You can find reliable agents that are in your neighborhood through our platform.
Which is the best auto insurance agency in Florida?
If you are on the lookout for auto insurance agencies, or want to know the best auto insurance agency in FL, you need to contact local car insurance agents. Local agents on Agency Height can provide the list of best agencies or carriers, whatever you need.
What is the most basic car insurance in Florida?
The most basic car insurance in Florida is the liability coverage that the state mandates. As per the car insurance requirements in Florida, liability coverage includes bodily injury liability, personal injury protection, and property damage liability. There are a number of additional choices like gap insurance, collision, comprehensive, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
How much does car insurance cost in Florida?
In Florida, the average cost of car insurance is $2,162 per year, or $180 per month for a full coverage policy. The average monthly premium for state minimum coverage is $69, or $828 per year.
How much auto insurance do I need in Florida?
When registering a car in Florida, residents must show proof of two types of coverage: personal injury protection (PIP) and property damage liability (PDL). For both types, the minimum required for a private passenger vehicle is $10,000 per person.
Do I get out-of-state auto insurance in Florida?
No, you must have car insurance in your state of residence. If you relocate, you must notify your insurance company of your new address as soon as possible. If you live in another state, the company may deny your claims.
What is the cost of registering a vehicle in Florida?
When the owner does not have a license plate or record of a license plate registered in their name for a vehicle he or she previously owned in Florida, the initial registration fee of $225 must be paid.
Is insurance required in Florida?
In contrast to PIP and PDL coverages, Florida motorists are not required by law to carry collision insurance as part of their auto insurance policy. Collision insurance covers damage to the policyholder’s vehicle caused by an accident.