Erie Insurance Review 2023
The Best Option for Insurance?
Get quotes from verified agents easily.
Last Updated: July 5, 2023
This review will help you choose the carrier by analyzing and comparing different factors that might affect your decision-making process in selecting a policy.
- No of reviews: BBB (157), ConsumerAffairs (1458), Trustpilot (7), Total reviews (1622)
- No. of ratings: BBB (1.09), ConsumerAffairs (3.9), Trustpilot (2.9), Total ratings (2.63)
- Address: 608 North Blakely Street, Dunmore, PA 18512, United States
- Phone number: +15703463743
Is Erie Insurance a Good Choice? Our Thoughts
Erie Insurance is generally considered a reputable and reliable insurance company. It has been in business for over 90 years and has a financial strength rating of “A+” from A.M. Best, indicating a strong ability to meet its financial obligations. The company offers a wide range of insurance products, including auto, home, business, and life insurance. Additionally, Erie Insurance is known for its customer service and claims handling. Comparing policies and pricing with other providers is always recommended to ensure you’re getting the best deal for your specific needs.
Based in Erie, Pennsylvania, Erie Insurance was established by two partners Erie Insurance Exchange in 1925. At first, the company sold only auto insurance, but it later expanded to other types of insurance and added offices in other states. In addition to homeowner’s policies, Erie now sells auto insurance, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, life insurance, retirement planning, and various business products. It sells specialized insurance for condo owners, mobile homeowners, and renters. The company offers customers auto, home, business, and life insurance policies in 12 states and the District of Columbia. Erie Insurance is known for its customer service and has been recognized by J.D. Power and other organizations for handling claims. In addition, the company has been recognized for its financial strength and stability. The company has over 5,000 employees and is considered a mutual company, meaning its policyholders own it. The company’s headquarters are located in Erie, Pennsylvania.
Erie Insurance – Pros and Cons
- Strong financial stability
- Competitive discounts and locked auto insurance rates
- Very high ratings through A.M. Best and the BBB.
- Offers a wide range of insurance products from boat insurance to workers’ compensation.
- Not a BBB accredited company.
- No online claims reporting.
- There are severe restrictions on how coverage can be used.
- Coverage not available in every state.
Erie Insurance Products
Erie Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products to individuals and businesses, including:
- Auto insurance: coverage for vehicles, including liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage.
- Homeowners insurance: coverage for homes, including protection for the structure of the home, personal property, and liability.
- Business insurance: coverage for commercial properties and operations, including property, liability, and workers’ compensation.
- Life insurance: coverage to provide financial security for loved ones in the event of the policyholder’s death.
- Health insurance: coverage for medical expenses, including coverage for doctor visits, hospital stays, and prescription drugs.
- Annuities: A financial product that pays out income, either immediately or at a future date, in exchange for an initial investment or series of payments.
Erie Insurance offers a variety of discounts to help lower the cost of insurance for its customers. Here are a few examples of discounts that may be available:
- Safe driver discount: for customers who have a clean driving record
- Multi-policy discount: for customers who have multiple types of insurance with Erie, such as auto and home insurance.
- Claims-free discount: for customers who have not filed any insurance claims in the past several years
- Bundled policy discount: for customers who bundle multiple policies, such as home and auto insurance, into one policy.
- Automatic payment discount: for customers who set up automatic payments for their insurance premiums
It’s important to note that discounts may vary depending on the state in which you live, and not all discounts are available in every state. It’s always good to check with Erie Insurance or your local agent to see which discounts you may qualify for.
Erie Insurance Reviews
“I have been with Erie for over 20 years. They have always been there for me and my family. I have never had any issues with them, and I highly recommend them to anyone.“
“Erie has always been great to work with. The claims process is easy and they always take care of everything quickly.”
“I’ve been with Erie for years and have never had any issues. The customer service is top-notch and the rates are very reasonable.”
“I have had nothing but trouble with Erie. They raised my rates without any explanation and denied my claim for no reason.“
“I have been with Erie for a while, but I am thinking about switching because they keep raising my rates.”Source: Yelp, Trustpilot, Erie google reviews
|Better Business Bureau||A+ Superior||Low complaint volume.|
|A.M. Best||A||Financial strength|
Erie Insurance generally receives positive reviews from third-party sources. The company has an “A+” rating from A.M. Best, indicating its financial stability.
On Consumer Affairs, Erie Insurance has an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars based on more than 6,500 reviews. Many customers praise the company for its responsive customer service and fair claims process. However, some customers have reported issues with premium increases and denied claims.
On the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, Erie Insurance has an A+ rating and accreditation. The company has been in business for over 90 years and has had few customer complaints. Most of the complaints filed with the BBB are about the company’s claims process or billing issues.
It’s important to remember that individual experiences can vary, and it’s always a good idea to read reviews from multiple sources before deciding on an insurance company.
Erie Insurance is generally considered a reputable and financially stable company, but it has some negative reviews like any insurance company. Some customers have reported issues with premium increases and denied claims, but most complaints are about the claims process or billing issues.
The Bottom Line
Erie Insurance is generally considered a reputable and financially stable company, with many customers praising the company for its responsive customer service and fair claims process. However, like any insurance company, Erie Insurance also has some negative customer reviews, with some reporting issues with premium increases and denied claims. It’s always a good idea to read reviews from multiple sources before deciding on an insurance company. It is also beneficial to reach out to a local agent or the company directly to see if you qualify for any discounts or to clarify any questions about your coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the claims process like with Erie Insurance?
Many customers praise the company for its fair claims process. However, some customers have reported issues with denied claims. If you have any concerns or questions about the claims process, it’s best to contact Erie Insurance or your local agent directly.
How can I get a quote from Erie Insurance?
You can get a quote from Erie Insurance by visiting the company’s website, contacting a local agent, or calling the company directly.
Is Erie Insurance financially stable?
Erie Insurance has an “A+” rating from A.M. Best, indicating that it is a financially stable company.
Find a Local Insurance Agent Near You
Get quotes from verified agents easily.
Find Insurance Agents Near You
Get quotes from verified agents easily.